Meaning of the English female name Dixie is South
Local Origin of Name: English
From the American name Dixie
Louisiana issued a ten dollar bill called the “Dix” — the French word for ten.
The bills were often nicknamed “Dixies” like we would say “fivers” now. The South then became known as “Dixieland” or “Dixie” for short.
Meaning: One born in the South
Emotional Spectrum .Doesn’t hide emotions well.
Personal Integrity .She has a reverence for truth.
Personality .Captivating manner.
Relationships .Makes friends easily, but keeps her eyes open!
Travel & Leisure .Dixie knows how to relax!
Career & Money .Career gains are unlimited with the right education.
Life’s Opportunities .Not one to rest on past accomplishments, she is always on the move.
Dixie’s Lucky Numbers: 39 .55 .35 .20 .19 .17
Find out more name in our sites. Send us your name meaning and origin. Sung@nydob.com
- African American Arabic Basque
- Bulgarian Chinese Czech Dutch
- Egyptian English French Gaelic
- German Greek Hawaiian Hebrew
- Hindi Hispanic
- India Irish Israel Italian
- Japanese Korean Latin Native American
- Nordic Persian Polish Portuguese
- Roman Russian Scandinavian Scottish
- Slavic Spanish Swedish Thai
- Turkish Welsh